Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is, for instance, a cross-border exchange scheme which aims to help new and aspiring entrepreneurs acquire relevant skills to run and grow a business by working with an experienced entrepreneur in another country for one to six months. It increases their know – how and fosters the cross – border transfer of knowledge and experience between entrepreneurs. In the last five years, more than 2,500 pairs of entrepreneurs have benefitted from the program.
No matter you are a new or experienced entrepreneur, the program can offer solid added value to your business: possible benefits include the exchange of knowledge and experience, networking opportunities across Europe, new commercial relations or markets abroad.
The exchange of experience takes place during a stay with the experienced entrepreneur, which helps the new entrepreneur acquire the skills needed to run a small firm. The host benefits from fresh perspectives on his/her business and gets the opportunities to cooperate with foreign partners or learn about new markets.
EXCHANGE OF KNOWLEDGE
NEW COMMERCIAL RELATIONS
• Potential entrepreneurs, thinking and planning to set up their own business or have already started one within the last three years.
• Already experienced entrepreneurs who own or manage a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise in one of the Participating Countries.
• No age limit – all ages can participate
• No topic restrictions – any industry or sector can take part.
“The exchange of experience takes place during a stay with the experienced entrepreneur, which helps the new entrepreneur acquire the skills needed to run a small business.
( DESIRED COUNTRY )
- United Kingdom
The good news is that the costs involved for both the new entrepreneur and host company in this scheme are minimal. The host companies do not incur any costs as a result of their participation and can expect to gain new insights, and hopefully, foster new business links with the new business or home country of their young entrepreneur. The new entrepreneur receives a grant amounting to 560 € – 1,100 € per month during their placement abroad. This grant goes towards travel and substance costs which occur during their stay. It is important to note, however, that the new entrepreneurs must be ready and willing to subsidize other costs that may occur.
( DESIRED COUNTRY )
- Monthly financial assistance size in Euros/month
In order to apply for EYE, follow the following 5 steps
• Have your CV, motivation statement and business plan ready.
• Select a contact point in your country; Erasmus Centre for Entrepreneurship
• Get in touch with a host entrepreneur abroad and agree on the exchange project (i.e. dates, objectives, and activities).
• Once your relationship has been approved, a funding agreement should be signed with your local contact point.
If you have any questions about the program, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org